I’ve been writing since I was a little kid. I went from writing about the future (how I thought my life was going to go, who I was going to marry, etc) to writing paranormal YA (young adult) fiction. Yes, I realize I am 31, but I find it’s easier to write about a teenager falling in love with a supernatural being than writing about a grown woman. I may never publish anything that I write, if I finish anything at all. But I need to write.
- it lets me escape my own reality for awhile
- I love going back and re-reading what I’ve written, and get mad when it ends too soon (because I never finish anything…)
- it gives me something to do in the middle of the night when I can’t sleep
- it’s fun (most of the time)
- I love doing NaNoWriMo (November) and Camp NaNoWriMo (April & July), even though I’ve never hit the 50,000 goal…yet…
- it gives me a chance to improve my writing, because I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not that great with grammar and following all the rules
- I get to meet some pretty awesome writers on Twitter and Instagram. And next year, I’ll join a Camp NaNoWriMo cabin for even more support
I hope to finish at least a short story, and post it online somewhere. I hear Wattpad is a good place for new writers, especially for fan fiction (which I also write).